Thursday, July 7, 2011

My thoughts on E3: Part 3

Were going to finish with me talking about the last of the games that interested me and later this weekend I will talk about the new hardware.



1. Dead Island (Deep Silver)
-I've never taken a look at Deep Silver till now. Dead Island looks like it will take elements form L4D, Far Cry, open world gameplay, and RPG stat elements in order to create a interesting game. It looks intense and the fact that it's a non-linear story leaves a lot to be used well. If game does well I may have to keep an better eye on Deep Silver



2. Batman: Arkham City (Warner Bros.)
-The squeal to perhaps the best Batman gave ever made, Arkham City is like Asylum, only now you got a huge portion of Gotham to deal with along with the most crazed and mass killing villains in the Batman world such as Two-Face and Joker who are both fighting each other for control, meaning stealth will be more required to avoid danger from all around. With new puzzles and an open world filled with missions, the ability to play as Catwoman with her own style, and a "darker" theme, this game is going to be a hit with anybody who loved the first game.




4. Deux Ex: Human Revolution (Square Enix)
-With all the problems Square is going through right now I think this is the game they need to help them get back on track. Like I've said before in this blog I consider the original Deux Ex to be the Game Designer's Bible Game. In this game, players will be able to use various amounts of gameplay choices to affect their style of fighting like shooting, hacking, stealth, and more against a really well developed AI system that acts depending on the situation around them as well as the actions that you take against them. I'm also hoping that the original elements will still be in the game when it comes out near the end of August. 



5. Soul Caliber V (Namco Bandai)
-I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there is another Soul Caliber game, but I guess I wasn't really ready for it. Soul Caliber has always been my favorite fighting game because it went with weapons fighting instead of normal martial arts. But after my disappointment in the fourth game, I guess I kind of expected that there was really not much left to do with this series. Still, I can't wait to here more.



6. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo)
-Not that I'm complaining, but how many Zelda games are there going to be? Well, this one takes place before Ocarina of Time (And the split timeline thing) and tells how the Master Sword came to be. From what I've been looking at and hearing, this is kind of going to be like Wind Waker's theme of islands except instead of water it's all on sky. What is with so many sky themed games this year? Oh and the sword is a female talking companion. Will she be as annoying as Navi or as cool as Minda? We'll see soon.

And that's all the games! Come by soon to see my opinon on the newest hardware like the Wii U.

We are Gamers and We are Legion!

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment