Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Top Five Game I Dislike, But Everyone Else Loves

People naturally have their own opinion on what they like or dislike. I'm no different and since this blog is really all about my opinion I guess it's no surprise that I have views that differ from everyone else. But there is a differance between dislike and hate. When I dislike a game I can still respect it and still declare it a really good game, I just don't like it. But when I hate a game I have to just bash it until the end of time.

For now I'm only going to post the top five game I dislike, but everyone loves to death!



5. Fable series: I don't care what Peter Molyneux says, Fable is not the greatest RPG in the world. Fable's unique thing is that it's a game that allows you to explore the world and do whatever you want with your usual RPG elements and in each game that is made there are more features added to make the game feel more unique. Plus, whenever you do something evil or good it shows on various character features on you and effects how people see you in the world. But hasn't something like this been done already. Oh yeah the Elder Scroll series which has a better plot, bigger world, more quests, and a combat system that does screw you over with the controls. Don't get me wrong I give points to Fable for trying to be outgoing, the problem is is that somebody already beat them to it. 


4. Final Fantasy 9: This is a shocker to most people who know me because I love JRPG's and I love Final Fantasy. But my least favorite is not 8 or 10 or even the online game that most people always complain about. To me it's 9. Why? The plot isn't really FF material in my view, the characters are all annoying and creepy (except for Kuja and Vivi) and the protagonist, Zidane,  is...the worst FF male protagonist ever....(Vann does not count because we all know he wasn't the protagonist of ff12 and yes I prefer Tidus to Zidane...almost). The combat system was alright, the music was good, and the art was beautiful. I just don't like the rest of it because I just can't take it or the world seriously. I mean just look at Queen Brahne, she looks like a combination of Rosie O'Donnell and a smurf. Hell, I'm not even sure that is a woman....then again I don't want to find out.

3. Fallout 3: I've never played Fallout 1 or 2, but everyone kept talking about Fallout 3 and I thought. Okay, I'll give it ago. To this day I have never played a game where I died 61 times before just giving up and killing everyone and everything I could find in a berserk rage. I did eventually finish it, but I swore never to play it again. Fallout to me was just confusing with all the menus and controls and combat system. It never wore on me and while I did like the open world atmosphere and the ability to do cruel things that made you feel like the spawn of the devil himself, I couldn't feel most satisfaction with the game and I just couldn't buy into it. I'm not saying it's a game that shouldn't be played or respected, I'm just saying that I'll just stay in my tunnel world before I travel onto the surface world again and get beaten to death by mutants unless I have an unlimited supply of mini-nukes. 

2. Pokemon: Yes I was a Pokmon fanatic before I grew into like Digimon (Yes it does still live) and even then I just started realizing the game was just the same thing over and over again. Name yourself something dirty, get a starter, meet a rival who takes your starters weakness starter, capture Pokemon, fight evil organization, win badges, defeat rival a few more times, beat the final boss, get all legendary Pokemon and repeat it for every game. I don't hate Pokemon, in fact I love it it's just as I got older and figured these monster of mass destruction could be better used for a more mature purpose. I mean come on? Anthromorphic beings with destructible powers? How come we haven't gotten a Pokemon War game or something like that. I just want to see something different. That's why I love Mystery Dungeon. It took the lore of Pokemon and made it awesome in a direction it should be going. 

1. Angry Birds: HOLY SHIT! SOMEBODY WHO DOESN'T WORSHIP ANGRY BIRDS! THE RAPTURE REALLY IS COMING! First off, I realize that Angry Birds is a great success and deserves it's praise. I just...don't...dig it. I mean I played it a few times, but I didn't laugh. I didn't feel anything. I just...didn't get anything out of it. I mean it's about using a slingshot to fire birds at pigs, I should be laughing my ass off. But I don't and I don't know why. I keep asking people why I can't laugh and they look at me like I just have three heads with a goat up my butt. I don't hate the game...I just can't see the big deal about it is. It's strange because I like games like this, but why don't I love this game which has gotten more attention then any of the similar games before it? Help me understand here!
Come here soon and hear about the five games that I hate, but everyone seems to love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment